Tuesday, 1 July 2014

Pinch, Punch.............

.........first of the month........and a little vignette of the day..........


...which starts with the scenic view I get every morning at work as I hang up the laundry and if I'm really lucky, I get to do it under a crisp and clear blue sky and with a light,warm breeze blowing, like today....listening to the sheep bleating and baahhing, in the background (I tried uploading a video of them but Blogger wouldn't let me!).....then after work, a visit, in the blazing sun, to my favourite allotment where you can buy fresh veg, herbs and herbaceous plants practically for pennies. The garlic bulbs* cost 20p each and are mahoosive!....same with the lettuce...both straight out of the ground..you can watch the man digging them up.....can't get fresher than that!
Then on past 'The Little House on the Prairie' which is what I call this little timber-framed cottage I see everyday and which has recently been up for sale. I got so enamoured with it, I used to day-dream that I could afford to buy it and bring it back to its former glory and maybe have some chickens running around and a couple of sheep in the back garden! The sheep would then facilitate my need for a spinning wheel on the back porch with which to spin the ensuing fleece then sell my beautiful yarn by the truckload, make my fortune and live happily ever after in the comfort and luxury to which I'd love to become accustomed! HOWEVER, my bubble was well and truly burst a couple of weeks ago when the FOR SALE sign came down and the new owners moved a mighty big caravan into the back garden, obviously with the intention of living 'on site' as they do up my their dream home! Can't wait to see the results.
Then home to make some fresh coleslaw, a cuppa and sit in the glorious sunshine with my new library books.....before it's time for the football! Have you been watching any of it? Things are hotting up over there too....
***************
It was very enjoyable reading all of your lovely comments last time and, of course,it goes without saying that I thank you very much indeed.

 Come back soon.
xxxXXXoooXXXxxx

* No, I won't be eating all of that garlic by myself!Most of it's to giveaway to other people.

9 comments:

  1. It was lovely to see and hear a little of your day! I hope that all of your gardening efforts are very productive and that you have lots of things to share with your friends! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your post! it's interesting to see a bit of someones day - the allotment sounds great and hanging out the sheets to the sound sheep, lovely. I hang mine out to the sound of aircraft taking off at Gatwick! not the same at all. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello sweet girl. I had fun having the fantasy about the little house, right along with you! Darn those people to be moving in, and robbing you of your dream! I loved the photos. And tried to picture you hanging out the wash, just as I do each morning. I hang out about three loads each day. LOVE to dry my laundry outdoors!
    I also enjoyed catching up on the posts I have missed. Your Mandala is lovely. So many I have seen online! And for Yarndale....how fun!
    Have a great rest of of the week!!!
    xo Kris


    ReplyDelete
  4. Good pictures of your day. Can I ask what the knit and crochet garden book is like? Is it from the library? It is so lovely to have some sunshine. Enjoy the rest of the week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a house I used to dream about like that which I passed at work,they turned that into a second home which happens to so many of the little cottages around here unfortunately but don't get me started on that subject.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing the little bits of another person's day. That's a lot of garlic! I'm sure there will be no vampires visiting you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, pegging out laundry at work! That sounds like my kind of job,Nana!
    I'm glad you are enjoying the outdoors. I am going to find a farmer's market right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I have enjoyed that little account of your day in pictures and words if not video.
    Interesting, I've read several blogs today where people have been glued to the TV for the football. I've been loving it too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Olá,
    eu também tenho as mesmas ideia, quero casas antigas e reformá-las para seu tempo de glória.
    Tenha um ótimo dia.
    Anajá

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx