Monday, 21 July 2014

Going AWOL.....

....just for the weekend!......to my sister and her partner's new caravan which is situated in a valley not too far away from home so just perfect for jumping in the car and taking off at a minute's notice (well, that's the theory anyhoot!).......
....this is the panoramic view from the front windows.........there are sheep atop the farthest away hill but you can't see them in the pic.......
....then on Saturday we had a walk around the local town (in the pouring rain but fortunately, it was warm rain!)and we found some ducks making themselves at home in someone's garden, yes it is that close to the adjoining river and such a pretty spot....
 
.....then walking back to the caravan later, we spotted these two quack-quacking (top right of pic, camouflaged by the paving stones) in someone else's garden!Mr. & Mrs. Duck and Mr. Duck was very noisy, warning us off probably but he needn't have worried, we just wanted to take a pic!
......wandering around town admiring the gardens with their colourful displays of summer bedding....
.....I love the hot orange of these geraniums.....
 ......and this little garden was fun.....that's Moley in the middle and the garden furniture provided a great shot of colour on a rainy day.....
 .....and of course, getting-away-from-it-all provided a chance for some al fresco hooking (that doesn't sound quite right but you know what I mean!).....with a view.....the clouds look threatening but it was still very warm and the rain stayed off thankfully.....





......I could've stayed there for longer in the peace and quiet and tranquil setting but unfortunately, Monday morning and real life was calling loud and clear....but I shall return very soon......and on the way home, we stopped in to see a certain Little Miss....so here's this week's obligatory 'baby pic'!....

***********
Hope you're all enjoying this fabulous weather we're having - a 'real' Summer, at last - but do take care in those temps which are set to get even higher by the end of the week - it's quite something to see that weather map on the tv completely coloured orange from John O'Groats to Land's End! Long may it continue.
Have a great week, Everyone and Thanks Muchly for calling-in and leaving your precious comments. I appreciate each and every one.

xxxXXXoooXXXxxx





10 comments:

  1. Hello my friend way across the pond! Looks like a lovely weekend indeed for a little getaway. And such a perfect setting for some hooky time. Love the blanket you are working on! So pretty!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really good battery re-charge- slight concern though that there appears to be a reflection in the caravan window of what looks like someone doing the ironing?! hope it wasn't you! Your latest crochet is fabulous, I love the colours. Betty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK... firstly...she is still beautiful (and I am still awaiting grandchildren so am a little bit jealous..)...the pics are so pretty.....I really envy someone having a caravan.....such fun......and your crochet is really fabulous..well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blanket. It looks a beautiful area. My husband is in Scotland this week, near Aberdeen, but unfortunately his work wouldn't let me go as well.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun! Beautiful scenery there. And I love the red in between the hexagons, really pulls it all together with a pop of colour. But the bottom pic is the loveliest of all. summer blessings xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hooked afghan is gorgeous, as is your scenery in the countryside. Sigh. Precious baby in a darling dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad yo had a nice getaway, time to explore, crochet, visit and of course see that darling baby.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful time AWOLing! Your blanket looks gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, sounds like a fab weekend with family, and I adore your blanket,vey yummy. Beautiful granddaughter, still waiting for me, one day may be? Lol
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great place to spent some quiet time, love the beautiful scenery and such a colourful crochet blanket too...
    Your little granddaughter is such a sweetie. I am lucky to have two under 6 and like you love to see them. ...xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx