Thursday, 17 July 2014

Bring on the Empty Horses......

.....a beautiful start to the day - 5.15am the bedroom was filled with an awesome orange glow which woke me from my slumbers and prompted me to run and get my camera - mad, moi, certainement! I love sunrises and sunsets - there must be a Freudian explanation for this but I'm blowed if I can think of it right now!.....
.....anyhoot, the early bird takes a couple of pics, makes a cuppa and goes back to bed for another luxurious couple of hours, courtesy of a 'free' day........another couple of hours and a 'phone call later, a spontaneous day out with a Youngest Sister has been organised, so off we go on our travels until we reach our chosen destination......

......can you see them peeking above the shrubbery?......
....with their noses reaching up to the sky.....

........there they are in the background and that's the  Gorgeous Youngest Sister in front.......
 ...and here they are in their full majestic glory.....The Kelpies........300 tonnes of steel structures and a truly amazing feat of engineering, rising 30 metres into the sky, as a magnificent homage to the working horses on the local canals from days gone by........I'll shut up now and let the pics speak for themselves (hope you like horses!)......






.....looking especially magnificent against the brooding sky.......
 




.......Yours Truly, complete with Pac-a-Mac! hardly the height of fashion but totally functional in the rain!
 ...you'll never reach his nose from there.....
.......



Now that's what I call 'art'.......wouldn't you agree?
**********
Oh, and just for luck........
....a baby pic....sorry, couldn't resist!
Thanks for all your lovely comments about her. She's doing really well and she's such a sweet little thing.....you can have more than one apple-of-your-eye, can't you?
xxxXXXoooXXXxxx

12 comments:

  1. The horse statues are really interesting. They're like the Tin Man, kind of. The baby is so cute! I love a brand-new baby. Enjoy her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pics of the horses - they sure are wonderful. And so Huge !!! I love sunrises & sunsets too - we should take the time to stop & record these things in our busy schedules. Beautiful little new baby too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cor, I have never heard of these - they are amazing - statues and sculptures usually bore the pants off me but not these - I would make the effort to visit these - they are absolutely beautiful. Baby pictures are permitted (and expected) to be slipped in when the baby is this cute. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Nana....didn't know about these magnificent creatures and they are now on my list of things to see...amazingly beautiful........as is of course the little tot at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never knew about these sculptures and they are impressive. Sunrise is a magical time, one of my favourite quotes by Rumi is "the early morning breeze has secrets to tell, don't go back to sleep." Gorgeous baby photo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look amazing. where are they? I will have to add them to my list of things I would like to see. I love the way we are putting these works of art for everyone to see, I saw the Angel of the North while we were away which is something I can now ticked off my list. Your Grandaughter is adorable.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The kelpies are amazing aren't they! Your little one is gorgeous too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those horses are magnificent. And of the sweetness of a newborn baby, she is adorable.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm just catching up on some blog reading congratulations on the safe arrival of your gorgeous granddaughter she is beautiful, you must be a very proud Nana x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just catching up here - I'm so behind with everybody after my three unplugged weeks - and I've oohed at the Kelpies and cooed at the babe ... and marvelled at how hot it was!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would love to see those Kelpies. Magnificent, I'm sure. Good pictures, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx