Friday, 11 July 2014

Some Like It Hot......

......except me! Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, as long as I can stay in the shade!It's so lovely to be able to walk around in flip-flops and painted toenails and the light is certainly uplifting. Thoughts of winter are far,far away during the lazy,hazy summer days (and hopefully for our friends on the other side of the world, thoughts are turning to spring and warmer weather)! Of course, pretty hats on pretty heads are a requirement....
......as are teaching a Nana how to make loom-band bracelets.....
....and a whole necklace-worth for Dolly too

.....and of course you should always take time to stop and smell the roses.....
.....especially when they're mixed with lavender, their perfume is intoxicating....

.......so if you're lucky enough to be under the blistering sun this weekend, take care and most of all, ENJOY.....
************
Thanks for popping in last time and saying 'Hi' and 'Hello' to you lovely newcomers too. All welcome here!
xxxXXXoooXXXxxx

11 comments:

  1. Greetings!!! I guess that loom is a a big hit everywhere. Our grandaughter has one too! She has made us all lovely things!
    Such nice things to look at for you! Hope the new owners with the caravan don't spoil it for you!
    Xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new header is a fabulous boost of colour! I wondered what on earth those packets of tiny coloured bands were for! have been seeing them everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pics Nana, and just like you I love the warmth but like to be in the shade. As I am an office drone I don't feel like I have had any summer at all yet....this weekend looks good though so might sit in the garden if I'm lucky.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. My, you do get hot weather! Looks like you are making hay while the sun shines with bracelet making.. Have fun.

    Your thermometer gives me an idea to make similar ones for our autumn church bazaar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay cool my friend, here in Florida it is horribly hot and humid. I am staying in to keep myself cool.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it really almost 100 degrees F there?! I had no idea it got so hot. I did a double-take when I got to the photo of the doll because she looks almost exactly like my daughter's doll and she likes to dress up in necklaces sometimes too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for summer temps! I broke down and went for a pedicure today. I hope you are having a happy weekend, Nana GG!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you with your hot weather we here in Essex have heavy rain at last, but i mustn't complain as the garden needed it. Just one disappointment no boot sale. Those loom bracelets seem all the rage even my 6 year old granddaughter is making them. Much better than sitting in front of the television. Love your pictures.........xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had a beautiful day here yesterday which meant we could tidy up the garden after our holiday.
    I only heard about these loom band things a couple of days ago and think it's great kids are having such fun with a game that isn't electronic although I bet the bands turn up all over the place.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so lovely to have the summer isn't it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is lovely to see your summer photos Anne as I toss another log on the fire over here & huddle up by it !!!! Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous summer pics to brighten my week, your roses & lavender are especially gorgeous x0x0

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx