Friday, 20 February 2015

Sophie is the Choice.....

Been looking for a new project, either knitting or crochet (yes, living on the edge, that's me!), when I happened upon this blog and immediately fell for the Mandala featured. There's a CAL (crochet-a-long) happening too, for those crafters who might like to join in and also a Ravelry Group which is going from strength-to-strength as more and more people take a shine to Sophie. The pattern is very well-written and extremely easy to follow. The hard part is choosing the colours. I'm hopeless at that so mine is turning out pretty random......

....and some of my stitches are a bit wonky (lots of them to fit in on some rows) as can be seen in this pic but since this is the second one I've started within the week ( I got to Row 32 on the first attempt and hated the colours so much, I completely unravelled it!), I'm sticking with it for now. I may even get to the finish line and turn it into a blanket! We'll see. For the moment, it's nice to have something to concentrate on. 
Have you found anything interesting to be doing to while away the hours?


*****
Good News from New Zealand. They arrived safe and sound and are now reunited with family and looking positively over-the-moon in the pics that I've seen so far.
*******
Thank you for all your kind comments - you really are a splendid bunch of special people.
***
Hope you have a great weekend.
xxxoooxxx

18 comments:

  1. Have been thinking of you this week, glad they are safely arrived. Hope you will be able to keep in touch with Skype. The crochet is absolutely beautiful - it just started to snow here - must dash out and take a look! have a good weekend and keep cheery, Betty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha - just walked into the patio doors and banged my nose in my enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch! Shouldn't laugh but I did! Lovely to see the snow but not at the expense of a broken nose! Hope it's ok??! xx

      Delete
  3. Clever blog post title there! and glad your bff arrived safe and well. Yours is very pretty but I'm not really into the mandala thing for me but have started a circles in squares blanket....I sit like a little old lady in the evening with a cup of tea and a blanket on my knees and crochet along like a proper old granny and I'm happy!....x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Libs - hopefully, the Mandala will turn into a blanket and we could almost be sisters, sitting crocheting in the evening with the tea and blankies!xx

      Delete
  4. That looks really nice - love the colours too. Keep going - living life on the edge, it's the only way to be :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules. Yes, it's almost exciting, living on the edge, isn't it! lol Hope you're well. xx

      Delete
  5. Your Mandela looks complicated. I can barely accomplish granny squares, and then have trouble hiding all the ends when changing colors. Even had to discard one project entirely because I washed it gently in the machine and came out with a mess. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh but your knitting is beautiful! Some folks weave in their ends but I prefer my tried and tested method of sewing them in so well that they can't go anywhere! Better luck next time, Nancy. x

      Delete
  6. Struggling to leave a message Anne from iPad...... Testing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anne, my message was to say I am sorry your friend has moved so far away, it must be hard to adjust. I am really liking the look of the CAL and might join in. I think I have been doing too much crochet of late as my shoulders are like concrete, so really I should have a rest. My husband made us a headboard yesterday, it's cream velvet, padded with Pom poms instead of buttons! It has only taken four and a half years to get it! Look forward to seeing your CAL progress. Take care, Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you starting something fun to help keep yourself distracted. I hope you can visit your friend, really wouldn't that be an amazing trip?
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need a little crochet help. Why don't you pop over and stay a while? The mandala is gorgeous! Well done, A!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there Anne, your crochet is just beautiful, I am always in awe of what you do. I did not know what a CAL was & had read it on other blogs, so thank you for filling me in :-) Glad to hear the travellers arrived safely on our shores.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Random, maybe, but very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Mandela looks very promising - love the colors so far.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx