I fell in love with the furniture in this guest bedroom, especially the wardrobe!
Lots of love for this chest of drawers. Who wouldn't?
Want a peek inside?.....
how adorable is the rocking chair and the little bath beside the fire. Pity the poor maid who had to come and light it at a stupid-o'clock-time, though while trailing coal buckets up those back stairs!
And these are the daughters of the 2nd Duke of Sutherland. My Photobox pics never turn out so good!
I loved the 'Scandi' look of this little chair.
Here,of course, hangs the ubiquitous Stag's Head which welcomes visitors at the stair entrance, though I wouldn't like to bump into him on a very dark night.
The Duke's Armoury.
The Duke's Study, complete with photographs of past Royal Visitors on the side table.
Quite cosy really, apart from the real leopard-skin rug adorning the floor.
Beautiful marble busts glimmering in the sunbeam escaping through the blinds.
A mask of Mary Queen of Scots. Not her best look!
And then, with a backward glance at the splendour that was Dunrobin Castle, we say goodbye and all pile into the car for our next outing. Hope you're enjoying the tour. Catch-up next time.
xoxoxoxo
It is just as beautiful inside. A wonderful place to visit. X
ReplyDeleteYes Jules, utterly sumptious!
DeleteSuch an amazing place. I am so glad you showed it to us.
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome, Meredith but to be honest with you, as I was walking around it, I was thinking 'everyone should be able to live in a castle'!
Deletewhat a fabulous place, I love the tartan carpet! It must take an army to keep it looking so pristine, never mind, as you say, how much hard work the poor maids must have undertaken in the old days!
ReplyDeleteBetty, some 'poor maids' are still undertaking much hard work!!!lol
Delete