Well, I think it would be safe to assume that summer has been and gone, for what it was worth this year and that we are now very firmly in the grip of Autumn. The longer nights can only mean one thing......
....time to bring out the knitting needles/crochet hooks, although I'm more of an 'all-year-round' kinda crafter, rather than a seasonal one so with that in mind, thus far I've managed to amass quite a pile of woolly stuff, for gifting mainly
...the orange hat is made from yarn which was gifted to me via New Zealand and it contains a percentage of possum, I kid you not and is extremely lovely both to work with and to wear......
...this is a little test knit I did for a lovely lady on Ravelry and the pink-ish yarn also contains some possum.
Then there are the pile of crocheted blankets which have been languishing for almost a whole year or maybe more before I attempted to finish any of them. This is one that I have managed to finish for my daughter-in-law's birthday in November.
Then there are cowls (again, this was a test knit and will go to my sister for her dog walks) and fingerless mitts, designated for nieces' xmas gifting.....
and a finished knitted blanket for a new baby due next February (no-one in my own family but one of my boss's daughters - of whom there are five, there WILL be a LOT of babies)!.
Then, of course, with the impending longer nights, also comes one of my favs......
Yep, Autumn is very definitely here.
xoxoxoxoxo



......this one's made from Rowan Alpaca and is as soft as butter - not that you could knit with butter but you get my drift!


Your creations are just beautiful Anne. I still wear the gorgeous fingerless gloves you gifted me in our swap & love them so much. As you go into autumn, we are entering spring here in our neck of the woods. Though judging by our temps,you would not think so!! Just off to fill the wood basket :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you Julie. Our swap seems so long ago now, doesn't it?
DeleteYou are one busy lady. I am now inspired by the idea of a woolshop called "Possum and Butter"
ReplyDeleteI like that name. Thanks, Angela.
DeleteIt is Autumn here too but it's still in the 80's F....I'm waiting for cool crisp days when I can work outside without breaking a sweat! LOL! You have been very productive! I'm making for Christmas but it is slow going. I love your hats and possum? Really? Who knew!?! Your fingerless mitts are so pretty too and that blanket is beautiful! I love making blankets but you don't have an FO for a very long time! LOL! Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteCan't imagine it being that hot in Autumn Time. Certainly not here!!Thanks for stopping by.
DeleteOh, you've made some LOVELY things, Annie! I bought some possum gloves when I was in New Zealand! So soft and hairy!
ReplyDeleteI just want to knit, knit, knit and I'm hoping long knitting afternoons are just around the corner now that it's October.
I'll have to watch Strictly Come Dancing.
Thank You, dearest Pom. I wish long knitting afternoons were just around the corner for me too. It's all about after-work hours for me!!
DeleteYou have some really beautiful work there, the blankets are so pretty. If there was a craft show in your area it would all sell like hot cakes. Hope you knitted yourself something too.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Pal. I think I could open my own shop with the stuff that's accumulating here but in all truthfulness, folks don't want to pay the price for handmade. They'd rather go to Primark or Tesco and buy the utter garbage which is imported from China and which will last for one season if they're lucky. Handmade is forever in my book!!
DeleteYup, the evenings draw in, we curl up in our arm-chairs with the heating on and watch "Strictly".
ReplyDelete