~Anyhoo, all that aside I hope that you folks who are holidaying at the moment, whether home or abroad have a fantastic and fabulous time. We all deserve our holidays especially in these formidable times we`re all going through at the moment.
I finally finished my little crochet bag just in time for my hols, courtesy of Attic 24`s beautiful pattern and amazingly easy to understand tutorial (I couldn`t get the link to work but you can find the pattern for it on her blog) I never thought I`d ever crochet again but she`s such an inspiration and is really enthusiastic about her craft which I find highly infectious. It`s been many,many years since I `hooked` but I found it just came back to me like `Hey Presto I can still Crochet`! I`ve been much more used to knitting recently for Little Voice.
I also finally found a lovely frame for the gorgeous silk print that Mrs Yappy Dog gave me as part of our swap - she actually made it for the baby to wipe her nose on but it`s FAR too good for that so I framed it instead and it looks very pretty up on my wall (Baby will get it back eventually for her bottom drawer!).
I lined the bag with a recycled pair of my niece`s jeans (don`t worry I asked her before I cut them up) and left one of the pockets intact for my mobile phone.
I also hope I find some time to get on with the new swaps I`ve taken on.....so much to do....so little time!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE :)
wow, I can't believe I am looking at my strawberry painting in a frame! I am so honoured - thankyou!!!! and I love your bag, it is really fun and will look great with denim. Let me know when you get that train to London. Betty xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning lass, enjoy your holiday doing whatever takes your fancy, there's no better way to relax (I've got two weeks off end of August and that's my plan too). Loving your bag and genius idea keeping the pocket on the cut up jeans for a pocket in your bag, love Sharon x
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely post Nana! Your holiday plans sound just perfect and I'm with you on the red shoes! Your bag is fabulous and its lining ingenious! I'll have to remember that pocket trick! Betty's silk is soooo gorgeous. She's clever and lovely isn't she? Enjoy your hols dear Nana. Lots of love, Amanda xxx
ReplyDeleteSo talented! the bag and lining is great...and so is that 'I'm on holiday feeling' is'nt it? Have a great time.
ReplyDeleteI love the bag and what a great idea for the lining. enjoy your holiday.
ReplyDeleteGillx
Oh my gosh! That bag is AMAZING!!! When I saw the picture I thought you were going to say you won it...but you made it?!?!? It's gorgeous! You are so talented!
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoy your holiday. It sounds like you have some fun things lined up. Get some relaxation scheduled in there too!
Hello Nana
ReplyDeleteThank you for your lovely and encouraging comments you have been leaving me ;-D.
Just wanted to say your bag is gorgeous and what a fantastic and original idea to line with cast of jeans and PINK! and with a pocket too for your mobile...SO SO CLEVER.
I've think I've finally mastered crochet...well I can complete a granny square and that's all I ever set out to do :-DDDDD. I have linked your blog on mine...so impressed with the bag.
Have a great week ahead
LOVE PEACE enJOY
Julie x
Happy crochering too!
Hi! The follower button seems to be working ok now. Thanks for commenting on my blog. SueXXX
ReplyDelete