First things first.....

....find and choose a yarn in your favourite
colour...

....then mix it up into a nice tangly mess....

....then working as fast as you can.....

......with a really big fat crochet hook (all under Nana`s watchful beady eye of course!).....

.....you can whip up something really lovely in no time at all, jus`like that!.....and then wander off and find something more interesting to do, leaving Nana to untangle a rather messy work basket!
**Part Two**
One of my favourite books is -

because it`s set in Amsterdam which I`ve visited twice and loved and it`s about Tulips.....who doesn`t love tulips?? Here are some more -

......and when you`ve had enough of Tulips, here`s one of the arms that planted the bulbs!....
....not mine, of course, I haven`t eaten THAT much chocolate....yet!
Enjoy x
I have never seen one of those feathery tulips, how pretty! My yarn basket looks like that mess most of the time too ;-)
ReplyDeleteI love Amsterdam too and bought some tulip bulbs there years ago...planted them in the garden...and every year I point to them as they come up and sing tulips from amsterdam....stupid...but makes me smile each time!
ReplyDeleteThat crochet is coming on a treat!!
I love the feather edged tulips.Just thought of another Tulip song "tiptoe through the tulips"
ReplyDeleteGillxx
what a fab post, especially of the very cute crocheter!!! I seem to have been following those instructions already!!! the tulips looks gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteA group of us mum's at the school gates have just started a book club together and I can't wait to see what the first book will be!!!
have a great weekend
tracy x
Lovely post! Your little granddaughter's crochet is definitely coming on! ;-) xx
ReplyDeletelove the crochet,so funny,:0 ,you must have the patience of a saint.xxxx
ReplyDeleteThat made me giggle, that looks like me when I crochet! Its really nice that she's getting stuck in with the crafty stuff, even if it's just to make a mess!
ReplyDeletep.s. Im with you on the diet thing, I start again on Monday :)
p.p.s. thanks for your lovely comments
Kandi xx
Hee hee, I think I'll have to hide my wool and hooks when baby is moving about and playing! The tulips are gorgeous! :) x
ReplyDeleteLove the tulips.
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful tulips you have, lovely photos. What no more to be revealed of the gardener? My cats have that method of crochet. Great post as always :)
ReplyDeleteLovely! I love Tulip Fever and met Deborah Moggach at a literary do in Scarborough a few years ago - she signed my copy and when I asked her why it hadn't been made into a film yet she said that it had been under discussion for years - I can see the whole screen play in my mind. Good luck with the crochet but remember - eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we may die-t xx
ReplyDeleteShe's a prodigy!!!! I recently realized that tulips are my favorite flower. I'll have to look into that book.
ReplyDeleteI love tulips they are so pretty and cheerful. Your blog is so much fun to read. I love it
ReplyDelete