Saturday, 30 April 2011

Step Away from the Chocolate......

....enough is enough!
.....time to stop kidding myself, give my jaws a rest.....and my scales because I refuse to go into the Summer months wearing this `winter shape` which I seem to have acquired during those deep dark months when all things sweet and stodgy were the order of the day! I can put up with a slight weight gain - I gave up trying to achieve the `hour glass` thing a while back for various reasons. So I`m taking stock, starting with my shape and then we`ll take it from there.
In the meantime, enjoy this little ditty which seems appropriate for the subject matter of this post.
 Hope You All have another Great Bank Holiday.
Yay to Long Weekends!
It`s good to be back.
xxx

17 comments:

  1. Good Luck, hope it goes well. Nothing harder than stepping away from the chocolate, so I wish you well.
    having said that, I just posted about going to a chocolate buffet with my daughter and a chocolate fountain, so I should probably join you with the self assessment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sentiments exactly!!! Good luck, I can never give the chocolate up for long I need the stress relief after a day with the boys :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised you have to worry about weight with all the rushing around you do for your job and family! Glad your computer is working now. Bettyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! that picture up top made me laugh! Yes, too many choccies over Easter, i understand! Im psyching myself up to do a liver cleanse - a bit drastic but my body is begging me for it! Take care Nana, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to have you back Nana ,love the mirror piccy ,looks just like me! on the outside of the mirror!!love juliex

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do know how you feel, I always seem to bulk up over winter, my partner says I'm like a bear preparing for hibernation! Good luck :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I roared with laughter when I saw the photo, Nana! Jenny and I went for one of those photo session thingies today and I was horrified by my size on the end photos! I too am going to have to step away from the chocolate...oh but Anne....the chocolate, the lovely, firm, bittersweet, melting on your tongue chocolate.....oh bloody hell! xxxx Good luck with that then xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to see you back. I'm on the diet trail as well, even bought sparkling water and a lemon instead of the soave, I really am trying to be a good girl, lol. Even had fruit which is almost unheard of, love my veg but fruit not so much. Good luck to both of us. Loving the Del Amitri, always regret not seeing them in their hayday, love their clever lyrics and singalong tunes. Have a great Mayday! love Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back....don't diet!! granted .. we all need to lose a little at this time of year, but keep having a little of what you fancy...I hear it does you good!!x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dearie me, you seem to have forgotten that chocolate is full of anti-oxidants, is a known 'feel happy food' AND it's made from beans so must be included as one of your five a day - embrace the chocolate, I say (and just buy elasticated clothing!) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck :) im feeling the same xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck. I think I'll be joining you on stepping away from the chocolate. Easter has ruined me x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not a chocolate lover. Cheese and pasta do me in.
    Love Camille.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are officially adopted as our new sister!Now what is all this nonsense about giving up chocolate.Just eat half of what you'd normally eat and do it standing on one leg to reduce the calorific intake she says having come in after a bad day at school and eaten one walnut whip,one packet of peanut M&Ms,five choc chip biscuits and I have to confess a large packet of wotsits in the car...have just read that anyone with a fat stomach or muffin top is going to have a heart attack so I really must stop and knit more.....Thanks for your kind comments and wonderful tips..the egg shells do work.Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yaaaaaaaay, I LOOOOOOVe Del Amitri Anne.........

    Poor old Tigger nearly had a heart attack when I jumped up off the couch cause you know when you hear that song you just can't sit still......

    One of the bands from the 80's that I introduced Rich to and he actually liked and he does a mean 'air banjo' impression, hehehe........

    Loved the photo, I thought you were very brave posting it, till I saw the reflection, that's very funny. I know the feeling, maybe it's one of the reasons I like Winter, cos you can hide under layers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx