Thursday, 14 February 2013

Wonky Heart......

I wish I could show you the lovely felted heart I intended making after seeing Matt's tutorial on his blog here. He's a Master at his craft, whatever project he tackles, with stunning results and since he made his little hearts look so easy and I had all the necessary  equipment required, I thought I'd very cleverly give it a bash....
....but one punctured thumb, two bleeding fingers and two broken needles later, I hastily abandoned the project while I ran and got some bandages for my wounds......
 so here's a pic of a Handsome Rooster instead.......
....his name's Bruce and yes, you maybe asking yourself, what on earth have the two got in common to which the answer is....I have absolutely no idea!

Happy Valentine's Day.
xxx


7 comments:

  1. You can do it! I couldn't believe it when he did his tutorial - I had taken photos to do the exact same thing!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never quite understood felting, although that is a beautiful pink. Love your rooster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have gone for the rooster too...hehe, Heidi
    Happy Valentines Day Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I don't know whether to laugh or cry? I am sorry you had to abandon your felted heart, and bandage up your owies!!! The Roo is a very handsome fellow indeed!
    I hope you will give it another go. Next time it will work, I am certain!
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! hope your fingers are ok now x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The felted heart I made you a while back was done by the mega easy method of knitting the heart in angora, sewing/stuffing and then popping into boiling water to felt,! maybe that's a safer method for you. Carolyn at Mess Muddle & Fun sent me some needles and felt to play with last year but the results were dismal - it definitely needs practice - and a first aid kit! don't give up. Betty x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh well at least you tried despite some sore fingers and your cockerel is very different from flowers. Hee Hee ....xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx