....a new blanket for no-one in particular, I just liked the pattern and it's from one of my favourite designers (she of the Hexie Blanket Pattern which I've already made and which now resides in NZ)....
....taken from her very own book. I love the contemporary look of some of her patterns and they're not in anyway intimidating to try, so here's my little stockpile of squares to begin - 8 down, 40 to go.....so far, so good.
.....and talking of NZ, look what my friend's daughter sent me - yes, it actually says 'Possum' on the label - it's surprisingly very soft to the touch, I suppose because it's mixed with Merino too. No plans for it as yet but dare I say it, Xmas is coming!
.....and as for the book I'm currently reading, I just finished this one last night and I was drawn to it by the title (for obvious reasons!). The jury's still out though, while I think about it some more. I'm not sure whether I liked the female central character all that much - sometimes I just wanted to say to her 'Oh, for goodness sake, just get on with it' but there was always a very good amount of rationale behind her actions and if a book gets you thinking about it even after you've finished reading it, it's been successful in it's initial purpose to entertain, inform, educate you.
********
As a footnote to this 'woolly' post, I'd like to tell you about a new CAL (Crochet-a-Long) which my Bloggy Mate, Sandra at Cherry Heart is hosting, in conjunction with Black Sheep Wools. It's called 'Spice of Life CAL' and it's already proving to be a big hit on t'internet. The start date rolls out on September 22nd so plenty of time to get your hooks and yarn gathered around you for this great new Autumnal Project. More details can be garnered from the link on my sidebar.
(Creating a new blanket for Autumn/Winter is two-fold in my book i.e. it whiles away those long wintery evenings and at the same time, keeps your knees toasty-warm as it progresses, see, win/win!!).
******
Ok, that's it for now but before I go, I'd like to say a mahoosive thanks to everyone who's popped-in this week and left a comment (and even if you haven't left a comment!). It's quite encouraging really.
'Til next time.
xxxXXXxxx



Your new blanket is beautiful, what a lovely post full of interesting craftiness, wish I was good at crochet! Possum wool looks fun and the little jacket for youngest girl is really pretty and lightweight, hope she gets lots of wear from it. Betty x
ReplyDeleteOoh, thanks for the shout out my lovely! :) I really like that pom pom blanket too, very nice.
ReplyDeleteS x
I love that possum pink!
ReplyDeleteYou've been busy! The new granny blanket looks very interesting. I like the way you're alternating a color with a neutral in your squares. Thank you for stopping by my blog yesterday, it's always so nice to hear from you. Take care and have a good weekend!
ReplyDeleteThat jacket is adorable. Might have a look at the cal blanket looks interesting. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteGill xx
What a lot of projects? I particularly love the sweater for your granddaughter.
ReplyDeleteYay for Yarn Along and YOU joining in, NGG!
ReplyDeleteI love that sweater you made for little grand! So cute!
Well, well, well aren't you as busy as a bee. Love the blanket, and the bag on the front of that great book. The sweater is adorable and will gets lots and lots of use. Good luck on the KAL, I am overwhelmed with other projects so I am not joining in.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Meredith
How talented you are Nana...that jacket is lovely and I agree with you about the blankets..soothing to do and warm as well!x
ReplyDeleteI've just today found you - through a link from Cherry Heart email - in which, of course, she was talking about the Spice of Life CAL. I had also heard of this CAL from Black Sheep Wool - since I'm also on their email list!
ReplyDeleteNot sure if I'll take part in this one at this time...though I'll probably be following along with interest.
Your blog is such a delight to read! As another Grandma, I'll follow you now with interest...thank you for sharing! You've given me smiles this morning...that's a gift!