

The tanker looks like it's floating atop the cornfield but it's actually sailing up the Firth of Forth towards the oil refinery further up the estuary (this is my view as I'm driving back from Tesco!).
...and this is my youngest boy's little blue tractor (well, not so little close up) waiting for the combine to catch up.
....and now on to the Yarnalong which I've joined in with, as mentioned last time and details of which can be found in the link on my sidebar. Anyhoot, this week I offered to test-knit a cute little hoodie for one of my fav designers on Ravelry, Elizabeth Felgate. I've test-knitted a couple of other things for Liz and I like her contemporary approach to knitting, not to mention that it's never too late to teach an old dog some new tricks! I've learned a couple of new techniques with this test-knit and it's also the first time that I've ever knitted anything top-down (you start by casting on a few stitches for the hood and work your way down from there).The construction was really interesting and I'm sure I'll turn to this pattern again, I loved it so much and especially since there were no seams to sew up. Result! The hoodie is for my Niece's new baby, due in January (have I told you that already, apologies if I have?). I've just got to decide on some fastenings for the project, which will probably by toggles of some description, once I go and buy some - how interesting that out of what must amount to nearly a gazillion buttons in my collection, there is not ONE which would do for this little cardi! Does that happen to you too?

....and I almost forgot to mention the book I just started this week, Missing Julia, which so far I'm enjoying though I hope it won't take too long to get to the 'mystery' surrounding Julia!
**********
.......and at the weekend, I said a few goodbyes to this lot........
.....goodbye favourite linen skirt and very old Monsoon dress which I probably will never get into next Summer unless I stop eating chocolate NOW!
......and goodbye brand new linen trousers which I didn't even get a chance to wear....
....and Ciao Bella - to my snazzy new sandals which gave me a spring in my step.....
All packed away for the Winter to be replaced with the usual suspects, normally in brown, black or grey!
See you all next year, hopefully.
*********
And it was so nice to see you all here last time. Thank You all so much for coming by.
**********
**********
Yours Very Sincerely
xxxXXXxxx







That is a darling little cardigan, Nana! The tractor does look like it is floating.
ReplyDeleteIt must be getting cooler there by now since you are saying goodbye to your summer clothes. I have said adios to a few plants outside, and brought a few into the house as it is chilly at night.
Hello NanaGG! Are you sure you want to get rid of your Birks? A friend told me all the Hollywood stars are wearing them now! Ha! I NEVER know what the Hollywood stars are wearing!
ReplyDeleteWow! You made the red hoodie so quickly! You are a true yarn queen.
I love the harvest photos and I had to look close to see the tanker.
Take care, cute Nana!
I have just bought tweed covered buttons for my new coat - I got them online at Etsy - it might be worth a look if you are still looking for the perfect button. Also, The Works sells little packs of wooden buttons that are painted. I packed a lot of Summer stuff away - including two dresses for the holiday that was canx that are as yet unworn! maybe next year. Currently searching sensible shoes for work.
ReplyDeleteYour little knitted Hoodie is just gorgeous Anne ... I have the same problem as you with buttons sometimes ... or lack of I should say. I did laugh at your comment about fitting into your Monsoon dress .... I am experiencing the same chocolate eating problems as you are by the sounds of it. Beautiful Harvest photos too :-)
ReplyDeleteThat is some view Nana. How talented you are, that hoodie looks great and only yesterday I was thinking that I must pack away my summer stuff...great minds eh? x
ReplyDeleteThe hoodie is delightful, what a great job.
ReplyDelete