Monday, 21 September 2015

Lift Off, Minus 12 hours...

.......you know the recent Spice of Life CAL I was telling you about recently, well as it turns out, it has completely taken off into the stratosphere with nearly 3,000 crafty people joining the FB Group in a matter of less than a week and some of them are very excited indeed! That's the power of the internet. It's quite overwhelming in a way, isn't it. Anyhoot, my yarn pack duly arrived......want a peek?.....
...I decided to go with the more muted colourway since I had a bash at making some Spicy Apple and Plum Chutney the other day and thought the colours looked similar (stay with me, it's all relative!)......well, ok, maybe not that similar....

 .....and even less like them when the chutney started to boil.....

.........but hey, the end result looked just fine and dandy to me and the smell was divine. Now I just have to resist temptation to open the jar before the 6 weeks maturation period is up! In the meantime, here's a picture of some sheep to be going on with. They live and munch grass in the field I look on to as I hang up the washing at work. They're really nice sheep, with fluffy fleeces. Oh, to have a spinning wheel!! Ok, back to the topic of conversation...which was my colour scheme for the CAL and here is a swatch  I did yesterday.....

I haven't used all of the 13 colours I have in the pack, just enough to get gauge, so I'm unsure at this point which order I shall use them in. Watch this space. This is my first CAL so I'm quite excited to get started. The first part of the pattern will be 'unlocked' tomorrow and to say that the collective enthusiasm has reached fever pitch would be an understatement. It will be interesting to see how everyone interprets their colourways and there are one or two people just doing a self-coloured blanket so those will be a buck from the trend to do stripes. 
It's not too late to join in with the fun if you want to. Just go to the link on my sidebar and find all the details there.
*********
What's getting you excited this Autumn? There was a man on tv this morning (I had the day off today due to the September Weekend Break in UK) advising you how to get organised for Christmas!!! I ask you, was he being serious?? Let's not mention that word again until at least the end of November!!Deal? 
******
Ah'll Be Back, as Arnie would say, with a Finished Piece of Knitting for Ginny's Yarnalong on Wednesday. See you then.
**********
I bow to You all who have left comments lately. Sometimes I wonder who will read my ramblings and if it's worth it to keep on telling my parochial little tales and then You Very Special People turn up and make me happy. 
Thank You Truly, Madly, Deeply!
******
ps, I'm watching an old episode of CSI at the moment and Grissom is in it. I miss Grissom!
******

5 comments:

  1. The yarn pack is exciting!
    I just framed two more sheep pictures. I can't find the right nails so I'll shop for them today and then take a photo!
    I'm glad you had Monday off, sweet friend! Yay!
    See you at Ginny's Yarn Along!
    (BIG HUG!)(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is well worth you posting as I love to read what you are up to. So no you can't stop, don't even think about it. I am excited for you with the CAL, I have never joined one so I will live through you.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blanket is going to be lovely! I look forward to seeing more!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your autumn changes are inspiring me to look at some chuck-outs and chutney too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the CAL looks fun and I like the colours you chose, how lovely to look out on a field of sheep, the got rid of the one near the windmill we liked to visit and made it into a community orchard - which is nice, but I liked the sheep. Downton Abbey is back in case you missed it. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx