Monday, 29 November 2010

I`m Not a Snowlebrity....get me outta here!....

...ok, it`s only my birdhouse embedded in the snow but quite honestly, I`m expecting to get up tomorrow morning and find I can`t see out of my bedroom window! It hasn`t stopped snowing all day!  I did venture down to the local shop for provisions ...
....but since there was no bread left, I decided to make my own - still waiting for dough to `prove` so might post pics later - along with a huge pot of lentil soup - nothing like it for keeping chills at bay.
Remember that pic of my lovely Acer Japonica which I had on here a couple of weeks ago?Well, this is what it looked like this morning.....

poor wee thing!
One thing about being snowbound is you can get things done without any interruptions....no-one else can get out either! So I`ve been busy with the crochet hook this weekend (should`ve been the sander and varnish for my kitchen floor but just couldn`t work up the enthusiasm!) making some Xmas stuff, which is much more fun!...



...a couple of hats (I`ve since adapted the brown one with a wider brim and flower attached).
.... a pair of wristwarmers.....
and a couple of these lovely snowflakes which I gave to my Mother for her tree.
Back to work tomorrow - since I don`t drive a tractor, my boss is coming to collect me - not so sure how I`ll get home!
A tiny bit of good news whilst watching the snow falling all day....I won another fabulous Giveaway!

....this beautiful cowl from Nicky over at http://alifelikevera.blogspot.com/ - isn`t it so pretty and her blog is great too. Pop over and have a look. Can`t wait to wear it - providing the Postman is able to get through! Thanks Nicky for letting me take part in your Giveaway. You certainly brightened my day :)

Keep Warm and Safe Everyone xxx

9 comments:

  1. Like your snowflakes. We are expecting snow Tuesday afternoon. Pleased to see you are doing Tuesday thru the Window - I am going to join in. take care in that snow Nana. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike! I made bread a couple of days ago, it tasted fine butr didn't rise as much as I would like. Oh well, practice makes perfect (and for a larger waist band!)
    Jille x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness! that is a lot of snow! Hope you are safe and well .

    Love the pressies and the cute neckwarmer...you will be needing it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done...the hats are gorgeous. Is there a pattern for the snowflake I could nick??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the crochet things you made, they look great! The snowflakes are especially lovely! Congratulations on your win as well, it's beautiful! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nana! Hope you're all cosy up there! I'm a bit worried about you getting back from work. Love the crocheting! You're looking a bit pale there though! We got a thin layer of snow overnight...Little J and I were sooo excited! Have a great day. Loads of love, Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nana, sorry I have taken so long to get back to you...I would love you to take part in my Pay it Forward, how lovely! :-)

    Now all you have to do is email me your postal address and wait for me to send your parcel (excitement) I will say that it won't be before xmas though but it will be within 365 days! Maybe I had better send it after the snow?? ;-)

    You will also need to do a post like I did telling everyone about PIF and the rules. first 3 replies, 365 days, post on blog and promise to send a gift on, I think thats it :-)

    Look forward to hearing from you, hugs Jen

    PS You have been as busy as I have with the xmas presents...I only have about 1/2 a dozen to go now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hats are so cute...and the snowflake is just darling. Try to stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay seriously. What do I have to do to get one of those fabulous hats??? And the wrist warmers are SO cute! How do I get on your Christmas list??? I wish I could send you food for payment...but I don't know that it would travel that far. Man those hats are cute. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx