This is how cold it was today -
The back end of the castle by the sea we visited last week. It`s a very popular place for weddings...but in the summer months!
Edinburgh Castle and Mons Meg aka The One O`Clock Gun which is fired each day at ....em....1.00pm! It`s loud enough when you`re down on Princes Street shopping but when you`re this close......eeek!
The German Market on Princes Street - the lights make it look warm.....it wasn`t!(I have no idea who any of the people in any of the pics are so I hope they don`t mind that they`ve gone global!).
A pretty miserable looking reindeer!(isn`t it irritating when strangers walk right in front of your shots and smile at you, to boot??!!)So....I hope each and every one of you have a splendiferous Festive Season and I will too... if I can get to the shops....if my Amazon purchases turn up....if my eldest can get himself home for Xmas.....if everyone can dig themselves out on Xmas Day ...one piece of Good News is, the turkey`s here and living happily in my freezer but it`s a bit big for one person and a laptray so I`m praying to the Great God of Thaw for some respite from these Arctic conditions. Failing that, it`ll be me going into meltdown!
M E R R Y X M A S
G O O D P E O P L E
P E A C E and J O Y
for
T H E N E W Y E A R





Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas! Hope you do get to thaw out ! xxx
ReplyDeletesome lovely pictures of the freeze. glad you are out and about a bit. Betty x
ReplyDeleteLovely photos! I love the picture of the urn with the water freezing as soon as it comes out! We went to the german market too, is lovely, but yes very very cold! Hoping that it will all melt soon, or at least get above -1! Have a great Christmas and New Year! :) x
ReplyDeleteEdinburgh looks lovely. Have a great Christmas x
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great Christmas and the family get home alright.
ReplyDeleteGillx
I have been swimming at the beach all week!
ReplyDeleteHave a warm and Merry Xmas.
Hi Nana! I absolutely love the frozen water fountains. I am located in the desert, so pictures like this is artwork for me. Merry Christmas Nana! I have enjoyed meeting you this year. *hugs*
ReplyDeleteoooh that looks cold! I love the castle, brilliant photos. Merry Christmas to you and yours also. Hope you have a lovely time xx PS I may be needing some of those knickers also after the season ;-)
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas to you, this was a fun post I loved the fountains!
ReplyDeleteHello Anne, just wanted to let you know the pillowcase arrived in Holland today. I loved it, really scottish with the tweet. I will use it in our new veranda, pictures of the swap are on my blog.
ReplyDeleteNice blog background....hihi.
Greetings from Holland, Alice
p.s. hope you will receive my pillowcase soon too.
Great pics! I hope you had a lovely Christmas. Happy New Year! SueXXX
ReplyDeleteI love Edinburgh, the market looks fab.
ReplyDeleteI am still waiting for lot's of gifts I ordered online.
I ended up going out and buy substitues, Oh well.
Have a Happy New Year.. Em xxx
Holy geez that is crazy cold!!!
ReplyDelete