Wednesday, 1 December 2010

It`s Life Jim, But Not As We Snow It.......



Weather`s closing in - everyone going a bit doolally - including myself! Babycake`s visit cancelled today because they`re snowed in and although not completely cut off just yet, it`s beginning to worry me a bit should the snow continue. My youngest son has been out the last two nights until early morning shovelling snow off main roads with his tractor because Council Snow Ploughs can`t cope. They`re waiting on shipment of salt from PERU - all stocks depleted for the moment. One of my neighbours has been trying since 9.00a.m. to move his car out of our cul-de-sac. There are now 4 grown men with shovels trying to help him and they`ve only managed to turn the car around so far! My boss will collect me again in the morning and bring me home so at least there`s some good news (or not!). Oh, and the boiler service man was able to get out to me this morning so at least I`m guaranteed heat and hot water....as long as the power stays on!
...Pretty but oh so highly inconvenient!
....if anyone wants me, I`ll be in the bar, worrying!!!!(pic courtesy of Google)

xxx Stay Safe, Everyone xxx


5 comments:

  1. I agree, pretty to look at, but so inconvenient! I can't get my car out, but I now have the work 4 x 4 to get to work and back, means I'm also a taxi service for my colleagues though! Stay warm and safe! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Nana! As always you make me laugh! Why do I feel so guilty about LOVING this snow!!! Keep cosy. Lots of love, Amanda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is crazy up here, this is my 4th day off work and now I am going stir crazy! Oh, well, nothing for it but to play with fibres and yarns...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nana!
    We had 11 inches of snow in Utah (USA) last Sunday. Utah is pretty efficient with snow removal on the streets so it's not too inconvenient. I've really been enjoying your photo's of your beautiful city.
    Thanks!
    Camille from camillecreates

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Love that last picture! Sorry about all the snow. I hope it lets up soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx