Thursday, 14 March 2013

Radio Head........

.....I love listening to the wireless, ok digital radio these days, so this morning I tuned in to....
....for my daily dose of 'kulchur' and there was an interesting debate taking place about the suitability of your potential or existing daughter/son-in-law and how best to welcome them into the bosom of the family and one lady went so far as to say that she actually Googled or Facebooked any new girlfriends her son had brought home and if she didn't like what she discovered about the poor girls, she went out of her way to make the relationship hit the rocks! Imagine going public with that bit of information! I couldn't actually believe that such Mothers existed but quite obviously they do! I'd say those unsuspecting girlfriends had made a lucky escape, don't you? Might you be tempted to sneak a peek at any potential new members of your family.....or even existing ones?! Or do you think the same as me, that sometimes less is more!

Anyway, I had to switch the radio off after that and go and collect some......



 .....fabulous fresh eggs....now that the dark,dismal wintry days are over - well for this week, at least -  the hens are laying more consistently now....
.....and after a quick wash (i.e. the eggs, not the hens - I'm not that keen!), just a little foible of mine - the eggs must be clean before storing them - they look much more appetising, don't you think?
....all ready for a lovely golden omelette for lunch, yum yum!

Back to the radio, if I'm in the mood, I love 'Planet Rock' and 'Smooth Radio 70's' and on Sundays, when I can,  I love listening to Johnnie Walker on Radio 2 in the afternoon and on Friday evenings the dulcet tones of Ricky Ross of Deacon Blue fame on Radio Scotland have been known to lull me to sleep. I'm such an old hippy at heart! What do you like listening to?

Thanks for All Those Recent Comments
You're ALL FABULOUS!
xxx

10 comments:

  1. It just shows you that you never know when that indiscreet photo or comment on Facebook will come back to haunt you, unbelievable. She so had a lucky escape. I always listen to Classic FM whilst working in the studio, I love it as it's soothing and informative but not so much that I can't concentrate on being creative. I find it's company too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our favourite is Lisa Tarbuck on Saturday tea time. It is such fun.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never washed eggs but always want to! I'm glad you do. I don't listen to the radio at all and hubby is always telling me I have no idea what's going on in the world because of this! he's right... Maybe I should listen to something but in the car I need to concentrate and the radio annoys me... in the evening we listen to gaydar radio sometimes in the conservatory, as hubby likes the music but that's as exciting as it gets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like listening to Radio 4, Radio 4 extra or classic Fm. During February Hubby and I have a month without watching tv so we listen to a lot of Radio dramas or our favourite..ghost stories. I don't usually wash our eggs but I should do as they can get really grubby. Only getting 1 a day at the moment as my old girl seems a bit down. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We listen to the same sort of stuff Nana......and I don't do Facebook or twitter so I never get to snoop on anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think those girls escaped just in time. The eggs are beautiful.
    Happy Weekend,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have great trouble with my digital radio - keeps cutting out. And, for some reason, since I got new lights in the kitchen ceiling, they interfere with the radio reception on certain stations. Very annoying. I'm grateful for the days lengthening at the moment as I don't need to turn the lights on so often!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your Scottish promise!
    My email is jgsheffield@hotmail.com for any photos
    And I have left something for you on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a big radio 4 fan, I never miss Womans Hour and the Archers I podcast them. I must admit, my son's girlfriend started to follow me on twitter and when I looked at her tweets I was a bit shocked and saw a bit of a different side to her. I try to stay away from my kids online accounts as I agree it's better not to know in most cases! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband and I frequently swap cars. When he has mine he programmes all the channels to radio 4. How he laughs! I on the other hand do not...
    Jille xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx