Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Wonderful Wednesdays..........

....my best day is a Wednesday.
No work, because it's 'Grandaughter Day', when we get to spend the whole afternoon together (used to be the whole day from early morning but she's at nursery now for half the morning and will be at school come September!). So while I'm waiting to pick her up, my first stop is the local library. I've always loved going to the library - even though my boys gave me a Kindle for Xmas the year before last which has hardly seen the light of day. There's just something about the hardware of books themselves that I love - always been the case since I was knee-high - and the obsession has never left me. I browse the aisles for ages, looking for the latest titles from my favourite authors and if there's no joy there, I invariably end up in the 'craft' section where the variety of new and inspirational books with pretty pictures immediately draw me in. Here is a selection from my latest haul.
....Jane Crowfoot's latest offering is my favourite so far. It's filled with the loveliest images and although the projects seem traditional, they would also fit into a contemporary setting. Some of them are potential heirlooms in my opinion and in particular, this gorgeous cushion cover....
.....has my vote...
or what about this stunning crocheted throw/bedcover....

...love the colour scheme.....
....and what about this cheeky little felted rug?Although in this house, it's an accident waiting to happen when my feet get caught in the spaces between the flowers!
....another book which caught my eye was this one by Selina Lake and Sara Norrman.....

......fabulous colour......

....I think I could just about manage this look!

....sumptious room settings...
...but of course, they're all just lovely images in books....the real thing is a lot less inviting, especially on Wednesdays!..sort of a bit like this layout, in fact...
....but at least the animals are lined up neatly in a row....
.....perhaps I could draft in some help for the clean-up operation...
maybe Farmer Daisy might help with her tractor and trailer....
....on second thoughts, I'd best get on with it myself, she looks a little miffed!
*****
Have you been to the library lately and if so, what took your fancy - fact or fiction?
***********
Thanks for all the comments you've been kindly leaving lately and a big 'Hello' to my two new followers, Sue and Jane. 
See you all soon.
xxx




8 comments:

  1. D'you know I haven't been to a library since the kids were little....15 or 20 yrs ago. I used to love it too but then I started buying all my books in Charity shops. I don't have a favourite author either so am not bound by having to have the next whatever....I imagine Libraries are very high tech these days. Those images are very pretty and I am jealous of you having grandchildren....I need to be patient I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Nana - I love the library too although ours is fusty and rarely has anything very exciting, so I scour online and get the latest books transferred from other libraries into my branch - the librarians always look forward to this as they read them first! So this week I am rreading Bear Gryls book which is full of positive advice for life. I really like his books and love to watch on tv - would certainly like to have him build me a tree house! Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm wondering if Farmer Daisy was being played with BEFORE you picked up your granddaughter or after! I'm in agreement about books - we've got a house full of them and although Mr K got a KOBO thingy at Christmas I think we've got even more now than before. Irreplaceable x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. A house with toys is a house full of fun and love. I love books like that, they show you such beauty, but the reality of my house is entirely different.
    I am all about fiction when I read, nothing to heavy, life can be heavy enough.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about actual books, nothing beats them! I visit the library regularly on my own and with the kids, my books tend to be crafty ones, photography ones, and then whatever takes my fancy in the fiction section mostly crime thrillers but I do love a chick lit too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love books and do not own a kindle... I have no desire to own a kindle! I'm a complete book person and at the moment I am enjoying looking through my craft and home interior books to get some inspiration for a new project. I like the look of the hexagonal throw. Hope you are keeping well... its raining here today but I like the rain and being cosy inside. Off to heat up some chilli and do some crochet x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya Annie, I have the same knitting book out from the library and have drooled over the cushion covers, so vintage, so romantic. That is probably as far as I'll get. Farmer Daisy? So p.c. love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also got a kobo which is rarely used. I order most of my books online from the library and get an e-mail when they are ready to pick up. So convenient. I have a post showing the bag wrapped up in its little pouch. We have the grands visiting this weekend...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx