Wednesday, 23 September 2015

Yarnalong, Crochet Along and Getting Along

I finished another little hoodie this week. This time for my youngest Grandbaby (I love that definition). I'm trying to downsize my ever-increasing stash of yarn so I collected together some shades of pink and one cream and did the pattern with four strands together. I got the pattern from a book which I'd borrowed from the library but had to give back because someone had ordered it (how terribly inconsiderate of them before I'd finished with it!) so I just happened to have a look for it on Amazon and it turned up for 1p! yes, I got it for only 1p, not including postage and packing, of course, which meant that I got the whole book for under £3. Mind you, I did feel a bit guilty about buying it for that price but I soon got over myself. Anyhoot, where was I? Oh yes, the finished object, here it is......

....I mucked up the hood a bit and I also ran out of the purple shade but I didn't think that would matter terribly to a 14-month old. Guess what though, my Mother spotted the difference. In fact her comment was 'run out of wool, did you?', which I chose to ignore! 
I liked the way the hood was constructed and it fits her really well. 

The raglans made an interesting feature too and Miss Pixie-Trixie-Belle sat still long enough for the photo shoot!It does meet in the middle on her btw!
On to the CAL. So far so good. It's taken me two nights to get this far, mainly because I unravelled my first attempt. The 4mm hook just wasn't working for me, although I obtained gauge with it but I didn't like the 'open weave' texture it was producing so I downsized to a 3.5mm and now it looks a lot better. Some people had actually finished the first part within a few hours. I'm taking a more leisurely approach!




....and finally, getting along with the help of her babywalker thingy. Soon she will be tottering around on her own....then the fun really starts!
Hope you're all having a splendid week.
*********
I'm not going to go on and on about how much I appreciate your company ....I think you all know it by now! 
**********
Joining in with Ginny's Yarnalong
*********
ps I nearly forgot to mention the books I'm currently reading. Bedtime book is 'I'll take You There' by Joyce Carole Oates. I'm enjoying it immensely, Her writing is sublime. Then for a little light reading, I dip in and out of the unofficial biography of Barbra Streisand, called 'Hello Gorgeous'. I particularly love looking at the pics in the book.

8 comments:

  1. Very well done, Nana Go Go! That's funny that your mum noticed that you had run out of wool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that knitted hoody looks warm and cosy and those little feet taking adventurous steps is a lovely picture! The yarn along would, for me, be an ordeal ending in failure but I can see for you it's a fun challenge and you are going to really enjoy it, how clever to change the guage, perfection! Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little jacket looks like one you can snuggle into. It's lovely! I always like to see little ones in home knits xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little jacket is adorable. I love it. I've read both of those books and really enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sweater is wonderful and running out of purple made an perfect design element. Glad you got the book for a bargain. I love little feet toddling about, she is going to be racing around in no time at all. Enjoy your wonderful blanket, take you time and savor the stitching.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. How rewarding to knit such a lovely little jacket and in such a great colour.....xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazon second-hand shop is one of the delights of my life. I have bought many treasures there, often for 1p, like you. Don't understand how they make any money, but never mind that, just enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx