Thursday, 25 November 2010

`Tis the Season....

It`s obviously too early for Santa but the Postman brought some early Xmas Cheer today in the shape of my Handmade Xmas Decoration Swap (organised by Betty over at Mrs Yappy Dog) parcel from my lovely Swap Partner, Amanda....and here for your delight and delectation is what she sent me......

Firstly, let me start by saying that I was just admiring Amanda`s beautiful Patchwork Xmas Stockings on her blog and wishing my talents extended to such lovely needlework then I opened my first parcel and this is what I found.....

My very own Patchwork Xmas Stocking to keep forever and ever!......isn`t it just adorable? I totally love it - the attractive colours, the little pom-poms,the zig-zagging and especially the pretty felt birdies, sorry for gushing but I love it so much! and can you see the little golden parcel peeking from the top? Well actually, there was two of them tucked inside the stocking....


.....and yet more surprises...


...how adorable is this cutie? A gorgeous felt snowman looking very smart with his buttons and bow!I love him too...and there`s more.....

.....I`ve also always admired Amanda`s gorgeous hoops and Abracadabra! here`s one she made earlier, just for little old me! Don`t you just love the colour and Robin Red Breast is very attractive too! Woo,hoo!..and everything was accompanied by this cute little Advent Card which is sitting very happily on my mantlepiece right now.
All in all, a most delicious collection which I will treasure forever and ever. I can`t thank you enough, Amanda, you`ve certainly done me proud. x A huge `Thank You` must also go to Betty for organising the Swap, well done you. I hope everyone is as pleased with their goodies from their respective swappers as I am with mine and I hope Amanda will be pleased with hers too.



p.s. Sorry Amanda, forgot to mention the yummy chocolate Santa which you also included in the parcel -  Babycakes will enjoy sharing it with me! x




10 comments:

  1. Hej hej Nana! Wow! Postie went like the clappers didn't he? So glad you like your Christmas bits my friend! They look properly at home there! I'm all excited now...do you think it's my turn tomorrow? Night night, sleep tight my dear. Amanda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazingly fantabulous stuff - Amanda is very talented - can't wait to see what she gets up to in her new salon - if this is what she does with a needle and thread I am wondering if her clients willl persuaded to have birds and feathers sewn into their hair! I love everything and especially the little snowman. So pleased you have enjoyed the swap. Betty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gifts are lovely! I think Christmas can come now! ;0)
    Jille x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful swap, you are obviously thrilled and so would anyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo Betty! What a wonderful idea! Birds and feathers! And some buttons maybe! With ribbon....What do you reckon Nana? I got a Missed Delivery Card through my door this morning when I was on the school run. It said I have to wait 2 hours before I can pick it up, so I'm off now. What do you think it could be? Eeeeeeeekkkk! XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nana, The new Christmas button looks so wonderful and lights up your "Blog World" for the holiday season. Thank you so much for using it. It makes me happy. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. hellooo such a lovely blog- just been catching up on your previous postings- sorry for not commenting sooner x lovely giftys!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just popped over to Amanda's, you have sent her a fantastic parcel. I don't know why you were worried. I knew you would do a good job!
    Jille x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great swap , i love the stocking and that little snowman is soo cute! I loved what you sent Amanda , you girls are too clever!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That Amanda sure is talented! You are so lucky to have such awesome stuff now. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx