.......well not really an appointment exactly....more of a visit to the flicks to see Colin doing his stuff in `The King`s Speech`.....which was very good, although I thought Geoffrey Rush was just as good, if not better than said King...but that`s just my opinion! I have to say, I came away thinking that it should be everyone`s given right to live in a palace, or at least a very big house with enough garden space to land a small light aircraft upon - I kept imagining how many times my very humble abode would have fitted into the Royals` modest appartment in Piccadilly! And those chandeliers!Anyhoo, it just so happens that the Royal Yacht Britannia is `parked` directly opposite the cinema complex....in fact, we had after-cinema supper at the restaurant which overlooks this magnificent ship...great pasta...great view! (apologies again for poor quality of night-time shots!).
**********
......and now for some loose ends.....
Birthday Swap Part Deux
......and an even HUGE-r apology must go to the lovely Nicky, aka Vera Amos@ http://alifelikevera.blogspot.com/ for not posting about the cute cowl which I won on her giveaway.....AGES ago....very remiss of me, I know so here it is now......
.....and after all that, I`ll bid you Adieu until next time. x
You're right Geoffrey Rush was great in that film......did you ever visit the royal yacht? not being monarchists when we were there we didn't and just like you TKS made me realise just how privileged certain people in life are...but then so I am to other people so it works out I guess.....gosh what a ramble! have a good week x
ReplyDeletelooks like you had a great time!
ReplyDeleteim just wondering if you recieved my birthday swop?
I havent read and just wanted to make sure xxx
We went and saw the Kings Speech on Saturday night - a brilliant film. Our 13 year old loved it - bet you can guess which bits made him chuckle :)
ReplyDeleteHere's hoping Colin gets his Oscar next month.
Hej Ann
ReplyDeleteI agree with you totally Geoffrey Rush was just as brilliant actor, if not better. A really good film...but I wouldn't want the life of royalty or a huge palace...
LOVE all the goodies you have won!
Lucky Lady ;-)
Back in Sweeeeden to the snow and sunshine too!
LOVE PEACE enJOY
Julie
x
I thought it was the best film I have seen in ages and surprisingly so did MrT.
ReplyDeleteGillx
I loved the ship to shore pictures they were so beautiful all lit up in the moonlight!
ReplyDeleteThe Royals they really do have it all don't they I would just want one of their Butlers/or people just for a week!!ahhhhhh
this swap thing is crazy....were talking the mother load of talent and goodies.
Hi hun, thanks for your visit and comment, nice to know some folk still pop by teehee.
ReplyDeleteYour pics are lovely, your blog is looking tres chic and I am definately convinced I need to go and see the kings speech!
Deb x
Lovely pictures of the ships all lit up and I love the cowl in particular - it's definitely something I would like to have a go at making for next winter- something to put on my things to learn to do list!
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to say, because I don`t think I say it often enough, a HUGE Thank You to all you Lovely Blogettes for calling in and taking the time out of your busy days to leave a comment. I really do appreciate each and every one. So mwaaa,mwaaa,mwaaa to you all - wish I could have you all round for tea and scones!!
ReplyDeleteHales - I left a comment on your blog the day after I received your parcel and you subsequently emailed me to say `thanks` for letting you know. It`s very easy to get confused in Blogland, isn`t it?lol
Hi Nana, Was it your birthday? Happy Birthday to you...you are right, we all should have a palace and we will...in Heaven. Mine shall have marble floors and many chandeliers. And ohhh...a huge monsterous rose garden with no bees! lol *hugs*
ReplyDeleteThanks for the plug about the cowl. I am yet to see The Kings Speech my family of 'peasants' don't fancy it, so I will watch it at our local cinema on my own, which to be honest is the best way I can lose myself in the film and stuff my face full of goodies without comment. Have a great day. Nicky xx
ReplyDeleteYour so funny , Me too I bought a yellow coat and when I wore it my mother said you look like a yellow holstein cow.....what can you do with such positive comments as this! My Dad told me the other day to look in the mirror something is following you from behind...I'm sunk their both bad!!! no hope!hehe
ReplyDeleteYou are one lucky lady! I want to see that movie!
ReplyDeleteAwesome movie Kings Speech. Colin Firth makes me sweaty!
ReplyDeleteI would love to learn how to make the hearts!
Best Wishes, Camille