Saturday, 19 February 2011

Hurrrummphing Saturday........

I really wanted to feel like this today........
...........but unfortunately, I feel like this instead.......
.....don`t ask me why, for I couldn`t really blame it on any one thing (well, actually what set me off this morning was the news that women of my age will now have another 2+years (in my own case 4! and if you really want some number-crunching, that`s £40,000 I`m saving the Government if I live long enough!) added on to their working lives before they become eligible to draw what pittance a state pension will be worth by then but I`m not going to go into any kind of political rant on here - that`s not what I intended for my little corner of Blogland). Maybe it`s the weather which has been very dark,grey and miserably wet all week and makes for a very lethargic state of mind, wouldn`t you agree?......
anyhoo I`ve settled down for a bit of R&R with my cd player to listen to......

....(`Yes`, I hear you cry, `That`s all She needs!` but trust me, Misery loves company!)....which I got from the library the other day, alongwith....

.....which has some really pretty pics in, e.g. .................

....so simple but so fresh looking and.....

....I could live on this one, permanently!....and for the summer garden.....

....I may find the time to sit and use up some of this.......

......to make something nice from one of these....


....like maybe this little bag, requested by my sister....

... or this lovely Messenger Bag, as requested by my niece..
but then again....
...I could do with finishing off the many WIP`s I have on the go at the moment, including this cushion cover! Marks and Sparks are selling similar at the moment for £45 if you`ve money to burn!

.....similarly, I could add an edging to the lovely Giant Granny Square blanket which has been languishing at the bottom of the basket for a while now!
....and of course, no visit to the library is complete without a spot of....

....and...

......I know exactly how she feels!
Never fear, when the new day dawns tomorrow, I`m sure I`ll be feeling just like....
......so much
....to you all..and thanks for calling in to glance at the inane and not-so-rivetting insight into the life that is mine....... preeshiate it muchos.xxx
Have a great weekend, y`all.x

Garbo and Fonda images courtesy of `Google`.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Nana, Seems we are all feeling the same way...must be the dog days of winter. *wink*
    You would not believe how similar our posts are today. Mine is escaping through books too! I love your crocheted roses. They are just beautiful. Thank you for the comment on my blog yesterday. Cindy really appreciated all the hugs. You truely are a dear.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nana your crochet work looks lovely...would like to see the blanket when its done....as for pensions? well I am resigned to the fact that I will be carried out of my place of work in a box one day and never get to enjoy the 'post work' period of life that I long for.....but making time to read and listen to beautiful stories and crochet and love those around us makes for a happy life really..we just get a bit low sometimes and need to remember to breathe smile and keep going....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Nana , sorry to hear you are feelin a bit blue, i always love to visit the library - i think ive borrowed ALL of the craft books at mine! Your roses look fabulous and i hope those books inspire you to finish your projects! Im sending you a big hug, take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hej Anne

    I LOVE you and your sense of humour...
    Sometimes you have to laugh or you'd cry...but I think crying is good also...get it all out...
    Oh I think a lot of people have been feeling a bit bluuuueeee...me too...I think a lot has to do with the weather and just 'that time of year'
    There is nothing quite like music too to heal the soul...infact me & mate in London had a vitual disco on FB of Friday night...until about 3/4 in the morning...we just kept posting via you tube 70' 80's oldies booging and sing-out-loud- whilst chatting LIVE it was hilarious
    then others joined in lol!
    I LOVE that cushion & quilt book looks yummy...
    Your basket of wool is lovely too ;-)
    I really like the scalloped bag your sister has requested as well...
    Lovely...everything is just lovely...
    Awww SPOT THE DOG too...takes me back...
    Happy days...
    LOVE PEACE enJOY finsihing off all your projects
    Kram
    Julie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheer up son Nana dear! Bugger the pension, watcha good film with some crochet. That'll sort ya. Much love, Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it's that sort of a weekend I think - lots of lovely books to snuggle up with though and it looks like you are doing a beautiful job of the M&S look alike cushion. I haven't made anything this month - must make some time for creative flow ... I don't even think about pensions, they will probably be abolished by the time I qualify for one - but I will have to work until 72 to pay my mortgage off - that's a bit daunting. I think we will sell everything and back pack round the world when we are pensioners. Have a good week - Betty x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think many of us will identify with your touch of the miseries - I am sure it is mostly to do with the weather and the lack of warmth and sunshine. I am in the same state as you and also all over the place with my crafting inspiration - too many ideas, not enough time. I saw a cushion with crochet flowers in this month's Home & Antiques and thought I'd do the same - a good way to use up the small oddments and a nice change from granny squares. Chin up, petal, it'll soon be Spring! Hoorah! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think there is a general feeling of glumness about at the minute, it's the same here. Hope getting crafting or finishing stuff (which I am terrible at) manages to cheer you a bit. The crochet flower cushions form M&S are expensive aren't they I might make myself one too.
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always put a smile on my face.....you always end on a positive....your sweet if you want some company just know that over here I'll be on beans and rice too!
    My parents watch the news all the time 24hours a day if they could and they are always reminding me how there will be nothing left for social security, I truly think that they will just print up some more money for us when we get to that stage.....hahaha lol hehehe!!!
    have a super Sunday Momma.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello my dear! Hope the Blah's have fled! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know what they say 'Some days are diamonds.....' Hope you get your spark back soon, love the second last picture..You go Nana!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooohhh! I love that purple couch! I hope you are feeling in a better mood!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx