Monday, 28 February 2011

I`d like you to meet.....

.....my new best friend. His name`s Roomba and he`s a great little worker. I wish I could keep him at my house but he was only here for his holidays, while his real owner was off on hers. She asked me to look after him while she was gone, so I brought him home (with owner`s permission, of course) with me to stop him from getting too lonely on his own and he`s been working his little brushes off ever since! He even talks to you occasionally, like when he gets stuck under furniture ....he lets you know in his funny little American accent, so you just have to find him and press his tummy button and off he goes again. He even finds his own way back to his `parking station` when his battery is running out and needs recharging!He`s just so clever! He`s everything a girl could want (well, apart from the obvious!)...and while he`s busy doing your work for you, you can toddle off and do other more interesting things like.....

....taking pics of some trees! This one`s Laburnum and is spectacular in full bloom with thousands of beautiful yellow blossoms dripping from every branch.....still looks great even with bare branches against the clearest,blue-est sky so far this year.....
....underneath a spreading Scots Pine tree, whose pine cones are great for kindling; you just lay a bed of them in your grate then top them with a couple of firelighters, add your fuel of choice (logs are best) and away you go!.....

.....or you could wander up to the greenhouse and see how pretty the apricot blossom is looking.....coming along fine and dandy, wouldn`t you say?....

.....then you could have a dally down to the boggy part of the garden to see these little beauties in all their glory.....

...then when it`s time to go home and see what a clever little chappie Roomba`s been while you`ve been gone, you can try and take a pic of the setting sun from the car but you won`t always be successful as Exhibit A proves! .....
but we`ll have to say so long,farewell, auf wiedersehn and adieu to Little Roomba for tomorrow he has to return to his own home... don`t worry though, he`ll be back soon when his owner goes off on her travels again!
Have a great week, y`all, however you get your housework done! x

p.s. My cousin and her family in NZ are all safe and well, although their house sustained some damage. Thanks for all the well-wishes, that was very thoughtful of you all. You`re a very caring bunch. x





8 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that your family are OK :-) That Roomba looks a treat as do all the spring blossoms, I wonder how Roomba deals with mountains of Lego?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me worried there for a minute...had no idea what roomba was and what he could do....

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to have the little robot hoover for a while! Yes, everything's coming to life in the garden now and it's so lovely to see a few flowers again isn't it. Glad you're joining the swap - thanks for offer of help - could do with knowing how to do a linnky - will read up on it. Bettyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My, isn't he a clever little chap. Does he not have an attachment so he can fulfil all your needs??? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear your NZ family is safe. Roomba looks like a great little friend to have, much better than having to worry about that yourself! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have wanted one of those bad and my husband said there a gimmick wait till I tell him!!!
    I have missed you must go back and catch up with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I'm so happy to hear about your family!!!

    I definitely need a little guy like that in my life!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx