Wednesday, 2 February 2011

Great Scott..........or `Bright Lights,Big City`.......

....poor Sir Walter, I felt so sorry for him up there all alone in the darkness of the night with nothing for shelter except an enormous great towering monument above his head.....I think someone ought to `yarnbomb` him in great swathes of multi-coloured yarn to keep him cosy......

......not a great pic (taken from the Grassmarket) because my camera`s flash doesn`t cope well when it`s really dark but in the background, if you peer really,really closely, you can just about make out the majestic shape of Edinburgh Castle.....
.......I found these in the window of a very posh shop in picturesque Victoria Street which hand makes and sells tartan stuff (at the other end of the scale from `See You, Jimmy hats`!).....
.......I loved the colour of this bodice and skirt. Also, it may look  like I`m very vertically challenged....the window was very high up!

Looks like just an ordinary vase but on closer inspection, it`s HUGE (look at the staircase behind and you`ll get an idea of the scale!)....too much dusting for my liking!.......
.......I have no idea how this blue pole came to be in the pic, it`s certainly not mine!
I took this pic of St Giles` Cathedral and when I downloaded it to my computer, it had this really ghostly effect .....
.....here`s another pic taken directly after the last one, sans apparition.......spooooooky!

This is where you go to book your tickets for The Edinburgh Military Tattoo.....be prepared for a looonnnnggg wait! Mary King is a ghost.
 I love quirky little shops like this one which sells lots of fabulous fabric....
.......and this one filled with globes of every different size...and a cheeky little vintage sports car!

.....and finally, for the culture vultures, a couple of `must see`s` on my `Things To Do In February` list.

p.s. after the excitement of the Birthday Swap last week, the only thing of any note which the Postman has brought me is a Bowel Screening Kit!Wonderful!

11 comments:

  1. I would love to go to Scotland, that quaint shop looks like my type of place.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I loved the tour (especially the spooky photo!) I'll be taking teh boys over to se my dad next month, and you've whetted my appetite beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Momma for sharing because I would not have been able to meet the vase or sir scott without you. your ghostly photo was amazing I wonder how that happens sometimes.
    I love quirky shops too I feel right at home in them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nana, I feel like we've had a night out on the town together! There was only one thing missing...are there no pub's in your part of the world? Love the ghostly apparition.. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great trip.....I loved the City...will happily return one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When my hubby's and I went to Edinburgh we went on a ghost tour, it was fab, I haven't laughed so much in my life!
    It does look quite ghostly that picture doesn't it.?
    sorry to hear about your poor car, some people hey !
    Hope the weekend finds you something to smile about, let me know if it does x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you again for your lovely comment on our blog. Now you will find Google Translate on the top right side. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never been to Edinburgh always wanted to though, I love the ghostly pic, wonder if it is an apparition? thanks for sharing anyway have a great weekend. Nicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab pics, I'd love to go to Edinburgh. The bowel screening bit made me giggle x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos! Where in Edin is that fabric shop, I think I need to go visit! I love Edinburgh, went to visit The Real Mary Kings Close once, was very spooky but interesting too, seems to be fairly expensive now though! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A night out in Edinburgh looks like a very good night indeed :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all of you lovely folk who take time to pass by and leave your lovely comments. I'm always humbled by your generosity of time and spirit. Haste Ye Back! x

Moving Day

...in Blogland.   My new home is here Hope you'll join me soon. xxx