.....sees us sailing 'doon the water' to Rothesay but unfortunately, I've never been there so don't have any tales to tell about it. However, the deep blue of the sea in the poster is very reminiscent of a very old Chinese Silk Shawl which I've had for quite a while now(try decades!)..............and you can't tell from the pics but it's a little faded in some parts so I try and keep it out of strong sunlight (not that that's been much of a problem of late!). I love the embroidery on it......
.....and the lovely long fringeing.....
I also have another shawl which is a real 'antique' but I keep it inside its box, inside another box for want of a grand piano to sling it over! I'll show you another time, when I've dug it out of its hiding place!
Have a good week, Everyone and thanks for being sweethearts and leaving your lovely comments. They are so appreciated.
xxx
That is stunning - will you wrap it round your shoulders on Friday?
ReplyDeleteA beautiful Shawl,Nana,such a beaurtiful colour,happy week ahead,lots of love,xxx
ReplyDeleteI love your shawl....did you wear heels?
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous colour your shawl is.
ReplyDeleteGillx