I think it may also be a cashmere/silk blend so it's very definitely what I would call 'posh' yarn! I've already cast on for a scarf so watch this space! Thanks so much for sending this and thinking of me, Betty ...you know I really appreciate it........
....and the other great parcel arrived all the way from the US of A and how serendipitious that it should arrive on 4th July! Happy Birthday, America! The box which made up the parcel contained a rather large load of goodies sent to me by a lovely lady called Jen from http://figknits.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/serendipity.html who is an extremely talented crochet/knitwear designer and who very kindly allowed me to join in her mini-colour-competition at almost the last minute and I won for the week of the colour Teal. Everything Jen sent me was Teal-colour related and I must say, she has shown tremendous generosity to me considering I'm a 'virtual' stranger to her......here's what was in the box, which was teal-coloured, of course!......
.......I love this printed envelope........
........inside of which was enclosed some pretty stamps and the loveliest printed card which I will put to very good use......
.....and Jen even provided the yarn and buttons!....that's my first Xmas 2012 project well and truly sorted........thanks Jen.....
.......and another great pattern from Jen.............complete with yarn all the way from Peru!....another Xmas project in the making!!!
......Jen's Business Card....you should pop over to her blog and witness her incredible talents for yourself.Thank you so much to both talented ladies for brightening up what has been an otherwise very bleak week!
xxx
And last, but not least, a little gift from me to all you Fairy Fanatical Folk out there....
...all from the recent Arts Festival and all (except the bronze 'Fairy of Love') made from old whiskey barrels (the artist wasn't too bad himself, if I may be so bold!).
Enjoy x
Thanks also to you FABULOUS people who give up your precious time to 'read' me and leave your lovely comments. You know I really,really appreciate them all.
Ciao for Now
xxxxxxxxxx
















can you email me your snail mail address? thanks! [details over at Tracing Rainbows]
ReplyDeleteGlad the wool is useful - hope there's enough to finish the scarf. The teal goodies are really lovely - I like the badge in particular, as it's really appropriate for you! Nice that you have had some surprises. Betty
ReplyDeletep.s. I do love the fairy toadstool castle - it's fabulous.
ReplyDeleteWhat fabulous things you got!! Lucky you
ReplyDeletexx
If there ever was someone who deserved to be spoiled it would be you.....we all treasure you Momma!
ReplyDeleteHey Anne, how wonderful to find these fab parcels in the mail.........
ReplyDeleteIsn't it fun, even more so if they are totally unexpected. Love the wool Betty sent you,
gorgeous grey with coloured flecks, will look fabulous knitted up into a scarf.
I love teal too and all the things Jen sent you, lucky you. I can imagine how these packages
brightened up your week.
It's been a beautiful, sunny day here after a heavy frost this morning. It's 0deg. outside at the moment, am just about to hop into a nice warm bed.
Hope the sun shows it's face at some stage during the weekend..........
CLaire x
Hi Nana! I did not know you were such a knitter! Fun! I love those toadstools, of course!
ReplyDeleteYou inspire me to pull out my yarn stash and organize it a bit!
Thank you for coming by my blog! I'm going to become a follower here.
Hi! I am back from vacation and catching up with all of my blogging friends. What lovely gifts you received!!! I hope you are not ill!!! And that these were simply gestures of good will from friends.
ReplyDeleteWho is the young man in the most recent post? I loved your comments on my vacation photos.
Hope all is well with you!
XO Kris
You are very lucky and very loved to get those wonderful gifts! I love all your photos and adore those wooden toadstool things! Thanks for visiting my blog! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely, happy gifts and photos! And thanks for the tip about reverse psychology. I'll have to start that tomorrow morning. My greatest fear is that I left it in the garden, although I'm pretty sure I didn't. A little pupil looked thoughtful when I mentioned that and advised me: "Don't mow the lawn!" Too true...
ReplyDeleteHow fantastic, what super parcels to receive, lucky you! Can't wait to see your finished projects. Loving the toadstools :)
ReplyDelete